Saturday, December 11

Interview with Irene Suchocki - Top Etsy Photography Seller



















I had the privilege of interviewing Irene from  Is Photography and asking her a few questions about successfully selling photography on Etsy.  Irene is the top selling photographer currently on Etsy.  I have included a few of photos in the interviews, so please take the time to check out her amazing work and learn from what she has to say.
1. When and how did you become interested in photography?
I first became interested in photography in the mid 1990s. I started traveling and wanted to learn about photography so that I could take decent photographs on my trips. I took a night course at a college to learn how to use my camera. I became much more serious about photography in 2005 when I purchased my first digital SLR and found flickr.
2. How did you find Etsy, and why did you start selling on Etsy?
I noticed that a couple of my flickr contacts were selling prints on a site with a weird name: Etsy. I wasn’t even thinking about selling prints at that time, but a seed must have been planted and the idea began slowly percolating in the back of my mind. About a year later, in early 2007, I opened a shop. Initially it was simply a means to make a little extra money to pay for all the photography gear I was coveting.

Read the rest of the interview HERE on Handmadeology!

Check out over 100 tips for Etsy sellers : Etsy Tips 

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics