Tuesday, November 13



I am a self taught metal artist, and a certified Mig welder. I started designing modern metal furniture in 2004. I built my first piece in Baltimore with my sister-in-law who is a furniture designer. I found my passion in metal and kept on designing and building. I struggled for 4 years to make a name in local galleries in the Grand Rapids Michigan area. A friend of mine introduced me to Etsy in February of 2007, and it changed my business. I started creating a jewelry line and have not turned back. In November of 2007 I had to quit my full time job cause my passion was becoming a dream come true! I am now selling all over the world through my Etsy shop. I also have wholesale accounts around the country with galleries, museums and salons. This blog was created in the summer of 2007. At the time I had no idea what a blog was. This blog is dedicated to showing my work, featuring Etsy artists, and providing useful information to the Etsy community.

Links

My online Portfolio

My Etsy shop


Art Fire Studio


Handmadeology

Other blog projects:

Found-Handmade

Networks:

We Love Art Fire

Twitter:

@timothyadam
@handmadeology
@handmadenews

Facebook:

Timothy Adam Fan Page

Handmadeology Fan page




Check out my interview on a Cleveland Morning show!





Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
TimothyAdamDesigns.etsy.com

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Great bio and photo!

rockcreekcreations said...

You've come a long way!! It's wonderful to hear a success story for someone who started out welding and moved to jewelry and furniture making.

Gifted Designs said...

This is a great idea...I guess I need to get a good picture of me taken...:)

You're just full of great ideas...it makes me excited that my business will also flourish!

VintageScraps.etsy.com said...

Love your new Mod Christmas Tree! I hadn't seen that yet. A great the success story too :0

Anonymous said...

Timothy- i tried to make a new About page as you suggested and it posted to my blog on the front page. Not at all like yours! well, it looks nice and all the links work but it would be nice to have it as a permanent spot on my blog page. I'll keep trying~ thank you for getting me this far. Cheri

Real Time Web Analytics