Thursday, October 29

Etsy Tip of the day (customer service)

Tip By: Delirium Designs Jewelry Deux : Blog

I think listing on a regular basis has , whenever I can do it, brought in more people to my Etsy. More important, though, is to listen to your clients and become a service-minded shop owner. Do all you can to make the buying experience a pleasant one that appeals to potential customers.

Make an effort to answer any covo questions a potential buyer might have and do anything possible to help them decide to buy the product they are inquiring about. For instance, I had a woman from Europe who was interested in a pair of earrings. She pointed out to me that my photos (which were lovely and detailed, with a description including the size of the earrings) didn't clearly show the scale of the earrings. I took a photo wearing the earrings to show their size and she realized they might be a little long for her. With a minor adjustment to the lengths of the wires the beads were on, she was pleased and so was I (I made the sale) and learned a lesson, to either have a model wear the earrings or use a common prop to photo along with the earrings to show scale.


Tip By: sleepy moon design : Blog

Customer service!!!!! Always treat your customers and potential customers very well. They will remember you because you were so nice or easy to talk to. Also treat everyone as potential customers.

9 comments:

Mia Sophia said...

Great tip! Scale is hard to show and keep the photos nice (I hate using a ruler or a coin!) I love the customers who ask questions and make us better shop keepers!

timothy said...

For sure!

ShadowCutter said...

in Etsy forums people complain about people wearing the jewelry in the photos because "ew, it's been worn, it's unsanitary". how are we supposed to know what we should do?

Annabelle said...

Your blog is ALWAYS full of great tips and techniques! Thanks for helping the rest of us from ETSY!

paintingpam said...

Yes, great tip. I'll answer any question--however right now I'm not getting any questions. What should I do?

www.paintingpam.etsy.com
http://paintingpam.blogspot.com

timothy said...

You are very welcome Annabelle!

BrandNewCanvas said...

Great tips! I'm so glad I found your blog through twitter! Just when I was beginning to wonder whether this whole twitter thing was worth it...
I definitely plan to make your blog a regular on my reading list.

timothy said...

Glad to hear Amy!!

Mani said...

Oh! I'm really bad with listing every day or go on twitter, facebook, and even my fan page! LOL!

Thanks
Mani

Real Time Web Analytics